[Samba] share permissions

Kevin Field kev at brantaero.com
Tue Aug 20 09:10:11 MDT 2013

Aha!  Moving it worked.  I can now see it from Windows.  If I chmod 777
on the directory I can also add files to it from Windows.

However, I don't quite understand why the parent of the share directory
affects it.  BTW /home/me has 700 permissions and /srv has 755.  If the
+x on /srv allows the +x on my test share directory to allow Windows to
browse it, why doesn't the -w on /srv prevent the +w on my test share
directory from allowing Windows to create files there?  I always thought
negative permissions took precedence in ACL, generally?

Thanks,
Kev