[Samba] File timestamp mismatch using smbclient on share from Win 2K Server...

Kevin Lister klister at ccah-alliance.org
Wed Aug 14 16:48:26 MDT 2013

Hi Samba Peeps!

Perhaps someone can shed some light on a peculiar problem I'm seeing.

I have files located in a share on a Win2K server.

When using smbclient on my HP-UX system to look at the files on the Win2K server I see that the timestamps are off by 1 hour.

When looking at the same files on a Win XP client I see that the timestamps are correct.

When looking at the same files on a Win 7 client I see that the timestamps are off by 1 hour and agree with the smbclient running on HP-UX.

I have checked the timezone settings on all systems involved and they are all correct.

I have verified that all systems involved have the correct current time as they are all using NTP based timekeeping.

I'm using Samba 3 on the HP-UX server.

I would certainly appreciate it if someone could offer a solution to the problem with respect to smbclient.

We use smbclient in our production file processing endeavors and I need the timestamp from smbclient to be accurate.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! :o)

Thanks!

kev