[Samba] Managing a Samba4 AD DC using a Win7 workstation

Luis Perez lperez at i-t-m.com
Thu Aug 1 09:25:33 MDT 2013

First Join Win7 VM to the Domain. after this you can manage AD with RSAT

2013/8/1 Emmanuel Lesouef <e.lesouef at crbn.fr>

> Hello,
>
> I just installed Samba4 using the following doc :
>
> http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_DC_HOWTO
>
> Everything works Ok. All tests are Ok.
>
> Now, I would like to manage it from a remote Windows7 Virtualbox
> workstation.
>
> For that, I followed the following doc :
>
> http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_management_from_windows
>
> I installed the RSAT component but when trying to connect the Server
> Manager to my Samba4 AD DC, I get an error message saying the client
> could not connect to the server.
>
> I did some tcpdumps and what strikes me is that the Win7 tries to
> connect to the Samba4 DC on port 5985. But I don't have any samba
> processes listening on tcp port 5985.
>
> What can be the root cause of this issue ?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> --
> Emmanuel Lesouef
> CRBN/DSI/SITI
> e: e.lesouef at crbn.fr
> gpg keyid : FCAB0C55
>
> --

Luis Armando Perez Marin
lperez at i-t-m.com
lperez at itm.gt
Técnico de Soporte.
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
# 111-174-744

Cel. +502 5995-5696
Tel. +502 2329-6280 ext. 4002

http://www.i-t-m.com

RedHat Advanced Partner - Scalix/Xandros Partner - Clark Connect/ClearOS
Platinum Partner - NOD32 Reseller