[Samba] Changing group name via samba-tool and other

Александр Свиридов ooo_saturn7 at mail.ru
Wed Apr 24 03:45:39 MDT 2013

 1) Plesea, tell me knows how to change group name in samba 4. I don't believe, that I can't do it, but:

# /usr/local/samba/bin/samba-tool group --help
Available subcommands:
  add            - Creates a new AD group.
  addmembers     - Add members to an AD group.
  delete         - Deletes an AD group.
  list           - List all groups.
  listmembers    - List all members of an AD group.
  removemembers  - Remove members from an AD group.
For more help on a specific subcommand, please type: samba-tool group <subcommand> (-h|--help)

2) One question makes me crazy. Samba 4 is AD. It can be run on linux! WOW! The only thing I cannt understant is why I must use windows machine to configure AD. For example I have ubuntu machine and many my colleagues do.So I must configure AD. How can I do it from ubuntu? Or maybe I don't understand something?

--
Pavel