[Samba] samba4 rfc2307 practice and confuse

d tbsky tbskyd at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 03:51:29 MDT 2013

2013/4/15 steve <steve at steve-ss.com>

> Yes. To get the rfc2307 info out from the directory you can use winbind,
> nslcd or sssd on the client. If you want to get all of the rfc2307
> attributes on the DC, your choice is narrowed down to the latter two. As
> Geza posted earlier,  winbind can only manage uidNumber and gidNumber.
>
> I've put our nslcd method here:
> http://linuxcostablanca.**blogspot.com.es/2013/04/**
> ubuntu-client-for-samba4.html<http://linuxcostablanca.blogspot.com.es/2013/04/ubuntu-client-for-samba4.html>
> Will post the sssd solution sometime today.
> HTH
> Steve

     I remeber that samba team suggest to use winbind instead of ldap to
work with samba server, although I don't know why or is it still true for
samba 4 DC. so what's the benefit of winbind?
    since RHEL 6 comes with sssd, I think maybe I will use that instead of
winbind. and thanks a lot for your information!!

Regards,
tbskyd