[Samba] Wrong local DNS responses from samba4

Nick Semenkovich semenko at alum.mit.edu
Wed Apr 10 12:29:26 MDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 1:00 PM, Marc Muehlfeld <samba at marc-muehlfeld.de>wrote:

> Am 10.04.2013 04:54, schrieb Nick Semenkovich:
>
>  - If you look into the zone via the windows DNS snap-in - do you see the
>>> correct IP for this record there?
>>>

>> No, it shows the incorrect record.
>>

> If you see the wrong IP in the DNS snap-in too, the it's really inside the
> AD database and doesn't come from somewhere outside.
>
> If you correct the record inside the DNS snap-in by hand, does it switch
> back to the wrong one after a while (e.g. reboot)? Or if you add new
> machines to the domain?

I'll take a look -- by what mechanism do clients update the AD with their
current IPs? (I think these were the IPs the machines had during domain
creation).

[Can I force samba to pass any missing record requests up to the relay DNS?

e.g. if I delete aio1.corp.example.com from the AD database, and there's a
DNS lookup to samba, can I make samba ask its upstream DNS?

Last I tried this (with some printers that aren't AD members), samba simply
returned NXDOMAIN, rather than asking upstream.
]