[Samba] LDAP (Schemas,Users) to Samba4 migration

Gémes Géza geza at kzsdabas.hu
Tue Apr 9 12:32:30 MDT 2013

> Thank you for support.
>
> OK. If one has 10 users, it goes by hand, but we have ca. 110 users.
> Maybe there for it an automatic solution?
>

> --
The problem is: If you have users with only posixAccount (or similar)
objectClasses (without samba 3.x aka classic attributes) you could add
them by an ldapsearch ldbadd based script, but you won't be able to
transfer the passwords, as OpenLDAP (with posixAccount and similar
objectClasses) uses a differently encrypted userPassword attribute, than
Samba as an AD controller (kerberos keys) can use. As the passwords are
one way encrypted without having an NTPassword attribute (which
correspond to a arcfour-hmac-md5 enctype) you will lose the password
during //migration.

Regards

Geza Gemes