[Samba] failed to make ipc connection: NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_DB_CORRUPTION

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 7 07:06:24 MDT 2013

hi all

I cannot pinpoint the time when it broke, anyway, I for
while been getting this

NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_DB_CORRUPTION

but I also get warnings, not sure if related

WARNING: The "idmap backend" option is deprecated
WARNING: The "idmap uid" option is deprecated
WARNING: The "idmap gid" option is deprecated

I'm on rhel 6.3, samba-3.6.9-151.el6.x86_64,
openldap-servers-2.4.23-26.el6_3.2.x86_64

first I noticed it trying to add new member to the domain

something might have gone out of sync, depending on each
other bits?
As already posted, taking ldapsam:trusted out, or = nohelps,
but this is rather a workaround than an actual resolution

can an expert/developer maybe suggest what is happening,
where to start troubleshooting?

regards