[Samba] [Announce] CTDB release 2.0 is ready for download

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Wed Oct 31 02:12:19 MDT 2012

Hi Amitay,

On 2012-10-31 at 16:14 +1100, Amitay Isaacs wrote:
> This is long overdue CTDB release. There have been numerous code
> enhancements and bug fixes since the last release of CTDB.

it is really very nice, that we start over, version-wise! :-)

Are you planning to create a ctdb-2.0 branch off the release tag
so that this version can stabilize?

> Highlights
> =======
>
> * Support for readonly records (http://ctdb.samba.org/doc/readonlyrecords.txt)

Wasn't that alrady in the 1.2.* versions and the version stream
in the branch 1.13 ?

> * Locking API to detect deadlocks between ctdb and samba
> * Fetch-lock optimization to rate-limit concurrent requests for same record
> * Support for policy routing
> * Modified IP allocation algorithm
> * Improved database vacuuming

This is also available in the 1.2.* stream (various 1.2.X branches)
and even the 1.0.114.* versions (1.0.114 branch).

> * New test infrastructure

Sorry for pointing these out so bluntly.
I may have missed somethings, but I also did not
want to let a false impression arise that the
items I commented on were newly created and are
not available in eralier releases.

If this is misleading or wrong, please apologize and clarify! :-)

Cheers - Michael