[Samba] Disabling Roaming Profile Support

Jeff Dickens jeff at seamanpaper.com
Tue Oct 30 15:10:00 MDT 2012

From
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/ProfileMgmt.html:

Disabling Roaming Profile Support

The question often asked is, “How may I enforce use of local profiles?” or “How
do I disable roaming profiles?”

There are three ways of doing this:
In smb.conf

Affect the following settings and ALL clients will be forced to use a local
profile: logon home =
<http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/smb.conf.5.html#LOGONHOME>and
logon
path =
<http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/smb.conf.5.html#LOGONPATH>

The arguments to these parameters must be left blank. It is necessary to
include the = sign to specifically assign the empty value.

This apparently no longer works, or at least it doesn't work properly with
an LDAP server.

Can anyone comment on why? I'm running Samba 3.6.3-2 on Ubuntu 12.04.

--
*     Jeff Dickens*
     IT Manager      978-632-1513