[Samba] ntlm_auth allowing users which are denied access

Prateek Kumar er.prateek87 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 04:57:46 MDT 2012

Hi,
       I am using samba 3.2.2 with freeradius . I have joined the domain &
able to authenticate users with ntlm_auth.

If in ADS-2003 I configure the Remote Access Permission for the user (
User-properties->Dial-in ) as Deny then if I use the "ntlm_auth
--username=user --password=password" I get NT_STATUS_OK. What could be the
reason for this behavior , or is there any patch for this?

Also if I use windows server's radius server than I am not able to connect
my user be NT_STATUS_OKcause access is denied for that user.

Thanks & Regards,
Prateek