[Samba] samba + ldap malfunction

Petre Bandac petre at kgb.ro
Mon Oct 29 03:45:54 MDT 2012

hello, everybody

after migrating the cfg file from samba version 3.2.5 to 3.5.6
mounting the share and browsing its directories takes a very long time
(at least for the root folder and for the first time, after that it
kind of stabilizes and works ok, file transfer speed is as it should
be, though from time to time it is lagging)

the only thing that caught my eye was a start tls error in the logs:

##
 Failed to issue the StartTLS instruction: Connect error
##

 I tried to disable tls when talking to ldap with

##
ldap ssl = off
##

but in this case I cannot access the shares anymore

the log and testparm output - http://pastebin.com/xpaSTW7e

if there are any ldap settings needed to troubleshoot this, I can make
them available

except implementing ssl, is there another option to make this work ? in
the old setup it was running ok

thanks for your time,

petre

--