[Samba] Samba4 additional schema

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Oct 28 20:07:07 MDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-10-29 at 14:07 +1300, Mario Codeniera wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a possibility that we can add schema in Samba4? like sudo, nis et
> al.
>
> Or do we need an a separate ldap server like OpenLDAP to do it?
>
> Hope someone enlighten my confusion and thank you.

Yes, you can extend the schema in the same way you would with AD.

However, you first need to set 'dsdb:schema update allowed = yes' in
your smb.conf, as we disable this by default because it caused crashes
in the past.

We think that is now resolved, and while some features of schema updates
are unimplemented, it shouldn't get in your way.  Because of that, and
out of caution we still disallow them by default.

Andrew Bartlett