[Samba] SYSVOL ACLs and GPOs

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Oct 26 04:03:44 MDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-10-26 at 10:44 +0100, Alex Matthews wrote:

> I'm assuming because of the way I laid my directory tree out I could
> also just provision as normal and run the tests? Just makes it difficult
> to "un-provision".
>
> I did a bit of testing last night and sysvolcheck returns no errors
> until the point that run the gpmc.msc on the XP domain member and click
> ok to "fix" the inconsistent ACLs. At that point it returns the same
> error. Running sysvolreset does not fix it either.

OK.  This is more interesting.  Can you show me first the output, and
then the level 10 log of that sysvolcheck command?

I'm particularly curious that a sysvolreset can't fix it.

A network capture of what gpmc does may be instructive also.

> This is true, atleast, for the master branch, I haven't tested the
> aclfix branch yet.

OK.

Given this info on the essential components involved (running gpmc.msc
once seems key), I think I have the steps to reproduce this here, which
I'll try tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett