[Samba] Samba4 successful deployment

Caleb O'Connell caleb at privacyassociation.org
Tue Oct 23 08:29:42 MDT 2012

I concur with Felix.  I am very happy and impressed with samba4 so far.  We have been using it on two servers that are only acting as AD domain
controllers.  We have a separate samba 3.6.8 server.  I prefer to keep the file server still using the existing samba 3.6.X series and use winbind to auth
against the AD.  Seems to keep performance and reliability.

We have a eJabberd server, otrs server, ajaxplorer server, a VPN server and a drupal intranet server all successfully authenticating, with very simple
configurations.

Caleb.