[Samba] Old, reliable samba 3.5 and Active directory suddenly not reliable

Brian Campbell lambda at editshare.com
Mon Oct 22 13:01:01 MDT 2012

I'm not an expert in this, but I do know that one major cause of
Kerberos issues is clock skew. And that would explain the problem
kicking in suddenly when you've never seen it before. If the clocks
recently got out of sync with each other, you'd suddenly start hitting
mysterious problems.

Can you try checking the date and time on all of your machines,
including the Active Directory machines, and make sure that they
match?

-- Brian