[Samba] Change DNS method?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Oct 14 16:17:45 MDT 2012

On Sun, 2012-10-14 at 15:02 +0000, Steve wrote:
> Is it possible to change from the internal name server to BIND once you've
> provisioned a domain?
>
> I set mine up with the internal since it seemed easier, but then discovered
> the only way for my DHCP clients to update their names in DNS is via BIND,
> so I'd rather use that instead.

I'm not sure it will work anyway, but you are welcome to try.  I think
we would need some more code to correctly accept TKEY requests in the
same way the internal DNS server accepts unauthenticated requests (write
them 'as system').

If you are able to help with the bind9 DLZ side of things, then
certainly, this might be practical.

Andrew Bartlett