[Samba] Getting user list for each group

Germ van Ek g.vanek at stationtostation.nl
Sun Oct 14 15:10:25 MDT 2012

Hello Oguz,

Perhaps you can use a tool specific to your user/group back-end. For LDAP there is ldapsearch, for the default Samba back-end there is pdbedit.

Regarding your authentication question, I have little experience in using Squid as a (regular) proxy. I do however have experience with NTLM + Apache, and it has always been slow and slightly unreliable. An alternative is Kerberos. Dependent on your network setup it can be somewhat complex to configure, but once you've got it working it performs really well.

Best regards,
Gerben