[Samba] file sharing issue in samba4

Germ van Ek g.vanek at stationtostation.nl
Sun Oct 14 15:01:31 MDT 2012

Hello Ankur,

I have understood that in Samba4 the file-daemon runs as root, and access control is handled by Samba, not by the permissions on the filesystem. Therefor, it is also not needed to have a local Unix user for every Samba user. Downside is that you will have to change the tools you use for setting permissions.
I currently don't have access to a Samba 4 server, but after searching a bit it seams the samba-tool ntacl command is for this purpose.

Best regards,
Gerben