[Samba] about samba 4 rc2

felix at epepm.cupet.cu felix at epepm.cupet.cu
Fri Oct 12 13:13:51 MDT 2012

> Hello, I'm testing samba 4 rc2.
> I have created the domain  without troubles using the command:
>
> /usr/local/samba/bin/samba-tool domain provision \
>     --realm=samdom.example.com --domain=SAMDOM \
>     --adminpass='p4$$word' --server-role=dc
>
> All is good, but in the step 7
>
> Configure DNS(according to the
> samba4/howto(http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO))
>
> i can not find the file /usr/local/samba/private/named.conf
>
> the provision step is not creating this file
>
> can you help me please?

If you want to keep using the provision you did with bind9 then you need
to run samba_upgradedns this way.

/usr/local/samba/sbin/samba_upgradedns --dns-backend=BIND9_DLZ

This step creates the extra files and the account.

If you need to use a forwarder in dns I don't recommend the internal dns
server. Furthermore, I couldn't make it update the reverse zone either.

It's a pity because is very light indeed.
Bind9 does the job very well.

Cheers,
Felix.