[Samba] Removing keytab entries with net ads keytab

1983-01-06 at gmx.net 1983-01-06 at gmx.net
Fri Oct 12 08:24:46 MDT 2012

Hi folks,

I have added a keytab entry to our Samba-generated keytab file with
$ net ads keytab add HTTP
and the SPN entry has been successfully added in the Active Directory as well as in the keytab file.

Now, what if I want to remove that service now?
There is no net ads keytab remove <service>

I do not intend to leave the domain and the join against or recreate the keytab.
I could fiddle with ktutil but that won't remove the SPN in the Active Directory.

My system:
bash $ uname -a
HP-UX hostname B.11.31 U ia64 1788107473 unlimited-user license
bash $ net --version
Version 3.4.3 based HP CIFS Server A.03.01.05

Thanks,

Michael