[Samba] Internal DNS stops forwarding

felix at epepm.cupet.cu felix at epepm.cupet.cu
Thu Oct 11 05:52:57 MDT 2012

> Hi Felix,
>
>> I think it is. Because all the connections I see when the error occurs
are related to the forwarder I declared in smb.conf. The number of
connections keeps growing again until the error appears. So I have to
restart samba. And, yes, lsof, shows that all
>> connections but 2 are related to the forwarder.
>
> An interesting question of course is why your forwarder never answers
the requests from the internal DNS server. Is it set up correctly? I
agree we really need to fix the timeout, but even then your DNS setup
would be broken if the forwarder never answers to queries.

Hi Kai:
yes, the forwarder does answer the requests but the connections keep open.
The internal dns servers stops forwarding when the number of connections
is above 1000. Could you, please, help me?

Cheers,
Felix.