[Samba] How can I show only the shares that user have access to in SAMBA

simon ben guy20034u at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 11 02:22:26 MDT 2012

Dear Bjorn

I really apprecite your quick reply.
by the way I did add the
 access based share enum = yes

but when I do a testparm it gives a error
-------------------------------
[root at kmshare samba]# testparm /etc/samba/smb.conf
Unknown parameter encountered: "access based share enum"
Ignoring unknown parameter "access based share enum"
Processing section "[homes]"
Processing section "[printers]"
Processing section "[kmplan]"
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_STANDALONE
[global]
        workgroup = MYGROUP
        server string = Samba Server Version %v
        passdb backend = tdbsam
        disable spoolss = Yes
        winbind use default domain = Yes
        winbind trusted domains only = Yes
        cups options = raw
[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        read only = No
        browseable = No
[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/spool/samba
        printable = Yes
        browseable = No
[kmplan]
        comment = masterplan testing directory
        path = /opt/network/testplan
        valid users = @localgrp
        write list = @localgrp
        read only = No
        hide unreadable = Yes
        hide unwriteable files = Yes

the directory /opt/network/testplan is sahred as kmplan and localgrp has 2 valid users
user1 and user2
so if I log in as user1 or user2 kmplan share can be accessed perfectly

i have a third user user3 and he not belong the localgrp .

also wanted to mentioned that I have used webmin to create local users and in
samba windows file sharing option of webmin==> user and group synchronisation ==> i am using yes for all. that is when a unix user is created automatically add a samba user likewise for groups.

apprecite your help and advise

regards

simon