[Samba] samba4, classicupgrade: set_nt_acl_no_snum: fset_nt_acl returned NT_STATUS_INVALID_OWNER

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Oct 10 19:55:01 MDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-10-10 at 01:04 -0300, Norberto Bensa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm testing samba4. I've setup a small samba3+ldap pdc, and then I
> tried a classicupgrade, but I can't pass step 4 of the howto.

As mentioned in the WHATSNEW, we have an issue when we upgrade a domain
with a domain admins group specified.  The problem is that the domain
admins group needs to own files in sysvol, but on upgrade we honour the
existin GID-only mapping for that group.

A patch is in GIT master (to paper over the issue), which may be
backported to the 4.0 release stream once folks confirm it works
properly.

Andrew Bartlett