[Samba] samba 4 / replicate ldap

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Oct 10 04:29:42 MDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-10-10 at 11:42 +0200, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> but when i read here.
>
> http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4_DRS_TODO_List#Support_RODC
> its a Pending Task.

That list is old, sorry for the confusion.  Both server and client-side
RODC support is implemented.  The only proviso is that we do not
correctly record the transfer of passwords to the RODC (AD records which
passwords were sent, for forensics later if an RODC was compromised).

> Is this finished, or almost finished ?
> parts im intrested in. RODC/Group policies.
>
> If almost finished, i can start setting up my main samba4 controller and test a bit already.
>
> Thank you for the quick reply. And keep up the great, good work with samba4.

The main thing you will need is to manually sync the GPO files, as we do
not have sysvol replication.

Andrew Bartlett