[Samba] kvno problem when accessing "bdc" as \\domain.com

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Tue Oct 9 23:37:23 MDT 2012

On 10/09/2012 09:58 PM, Hannu Tikka wrote:
> So the \\domain.com\sysvol should work?
Exact
It's because we have domain DFS implemented for sysvol and netlogon shares.

What is happening behind the scene when a Windows client tries to
connect to \\domain.com\sysvol is that one of the DC will instruct the
client that it support DFS and client and server will enter into a DFS
resolution exchange where at the end the client get a list of server
holding the sysvol share (ie. \\dc1.domain.com\sysvol,
\\dc2.domain.com\sysvol) then the client request a kerberos ticket for
one of the DC and the usual connection takes place.

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team