[Samba] How can I switch from internal dns server to bind9

felix at epepm.cupet.cu felix at epepm.cupet.cu
Tue Oct 9 15:18:52 MDT 2012

> On 10/9/12, felix at epepm.cupet.cu <felix at epepm.cupet.cu> wrote:
>> How can I switch from internal dns server to bind9???
>
> Add into [global] section of smb.conf "server services = -dns".
> Configure Bind (see named.* files which comes with samba) to use dlz
> plugin or good old plain files (requires basic zone definition).
> --

I guess it's not that easy. First, I added by hand the file named.conf to
/usr/local/samba/private. Second the dlz complains: Failed to connect to
/usr/local/samba/private/dns/sam.ldb and there is no such directory,
instead sam.ldb is directly under /usr/local/samba/private/

any ideas??

Cheers,
Felix.