[Samba] Samba4: Folder Redirection GPO not working with Windows 7

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Mon Oct 8 10:23:52 MDT 2012

On 08/10/12 17:40, mat at matws.net wrote:
> Ok can you check that this simple user can go in the \\server\sysvol folder and then access all the files under <dnsnamedomain>/policies and cross check that this gpo is really applied by setting in the same gpo a rule for the wallpaper or something else visible.

Hi
I set the wallpaper in the same gpo:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45150875/gpowallpaper.png

This popup appears each time Administrator starts the GPO editor:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45150875/sysvolerror.png

Clicking OK gives 'Access is denied'. Same error whether I have run
samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset or not. The GPO is created however.

Results:
1. Ordinary users can read anything in the sysvol share
2. The wallpaper GPO is ignored both for W7 Administrator and for W7 users.

note: The wallpaper GPO doesn't work on XP either but I don't think it
was implemented then.

Cheers,
Steve