[Samba] Samba4: Folder Redirection GPO not working with Windows 7

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Sun Oct 7 18:56:59 MDT 2012

Steve
>> Hi Rowland
>> Thanks for that. I've now got a security tab back. But still no folder
>> redirection:(
>>

> Having the security tab back on \\hh1\USERS now gives everyone
> permission to enter and create files in the share and now
> Administrator has his Application Data redirected to the share. He has
> a file under \\hh1\USERS as per the GPO.
>
> However, ordinary users, whilst able to read and write the share do
> not have their Application Data redirected.
>
> Still works fine for all users with XP but not W7.

Obviously the biggest change between XP and Seven is the fact that seven
will use smb 2.x by default when XP can do smb/cifs.
So you have to carefully look at the SMB2 trace between your client and
the samba server when doing it with an admininistrator (which works if I
understood your emails) and a "normal" user.
Most probably our fileserver either deny someting to simple users or
didn't answer correctly. For this you'll need to use wireshark.

Once you have more information we might be able to help you, providing
information + traces (if no sensitive information) might help even more.

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team