[Samba] Roaming Profiles under Linux clients

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Sat Oct 6 09:16:57 MDT 2012

On 06/10/12 11:32, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On 06/10/12 10:14, Michael Wood wrote:

>> Is that possible on Linux clients?  If so, how is it implemented?
>> With csync as Denis asked?
>>
> Hi, What you can do is use pam-mount to mount the users home directory
> from the server onto the Linux client, This is actually faster than
> roaming profiles as no data actually moves.

Hi
We use NFS4 to mount the samba share directories on the Linux clients.
If you want, you could also mount the profiles share so that your users
had access to whatever was on e.g. their windows desktop too. As we have
more Linux clients than windows, I try to encourage users to store stuff
in their home folder rather than in their windows profile.
HTH
Steve