[Samba] Libreoffice and roaming profile log-off delay

Chris Weiss cweiss at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 10:10:32 MDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Rowland Penny <rpenny at f2s.com> wrote:
> The cure is folder redirection or as microsoft now call it 'user
> virtulization', with this the users documents etc stop on the server and the
> My Documents folder, for instance, gets pointed to the new location.
> I can email you the instructions for XP if you are interested and point you
> to a website for W7, this is a bit different but works the same.

this can also be done with GPO's.

this article discuses how to improve sync time (offline and roaming
use similar techniques), but redirection should also be used to get
maximum benefit.
http://blogs.technet.com/b/filecab/archive/2007/03/16/using-offline-files-with-samba-emc-servers-nas-devices.aspx