[Samba] Need help with share permissions

Andreas Oster aoster at novanetwork.de
Fri Oct 5 07:42:24 MDT 2012

Hello all,

I am struggling to get share permissions to work properly.
I am currently using samba 3.6.3 with AD integration.

I want to force the following permissions:

- created/renamed/copied directories: 0770
- created/renamed/copied files: 0660
- file permissions should not be editable by Windows users.

I have tried a lot of different combinations of parameters but failed to
get the desired permissions. Most of the time I end up with 0660 for
newly created files and 0750 for newly created directories. When I
rename a just created directory permission changes to 0770.

At the moment I have this in my test share:

force group = "MYDOM\test"
force create mode = 0660
create mask = 0660
force directory mode = 0770