[Samba] unable to configure NTP server

Denis Cardon denis.cardon at tranquil-it-systems.fr
Fri Oct 5 01:52:36 MDT 2012

Hi Deepak,

> I am still struggling with the NTP server configuration.
> Is there no method by which I can sync all my domain users with the same
> time as on server because I have to face alot of issue due to the same.
>
> I have searched alot but the only thing which I found was to add these two
> lines in my ntp.conf
>
> ntpsigndsocket /opt/ad/samba4/var/run/ntp_signd/
> restrict default mssntp
>
> I am using CentOS 6 and ntp rpm is 4.2

I guess the version of ntp you are using does not support ntp signing.
You might check the samba4 wiki, it asks for a ntp version 4.2.6 or higher.

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO#Step_10:_Configure_NTP_.28Optional.29

After the configuration is straight forward, just add the two lines you
posted above and check the socket path which might change depending on
your compilation/installation.

Cheers,

Denis

--