[Samba] Roaming Profiles under Linux clients

Denis Cardon denis.cardon at tranquil-it-systems.fr
Fri Oct 5 01:44:20 MDT 2012

Hi Mario,

> As I configured the Roaming profiles under linux, it more or less generate
> an abnormal operation (in less than 2 mins) if I add/copy some files to the
> home directory. But for Windows XP and Windows 7 is running smoothly and it
> generates folders at the Samba4 server location with corresponding users.
> e.g. Administrator (for XP), and Administrator.V2 (for Win7/2008) based on
> my observations.

I'm interested in the way you configured the roaming profile on the
linux side. Did you use csync for the synchronisation? I've looked at it
in the past and didn't found any straight away solution. Anyway, I guess
there should be some kind of Administrator.linux profile directory on
the server side since the ubuntu profile won't be compatible from
windows to linux (those profiles are not even compatible between winxp
and win7...)

Cheers,

Denis

--