[Samba] Wrong menu language on Windows 7 clients after update to Samba4 beta8

X-Dimension at gmx.net X-Dimension at gmx.net
Thu Oct 4 01:39:49 MDT 2012

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 07:17:25 +1000
> Von: Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org>
> An: X-Dimension at gmx.net
> CC: samba at lists.samba.org
> Betreff: Re: [Samba] Wrong menu language on Windows 7 clients after update to Samba4 beta8

> On Wed, 2012-10-03 at 16:49 +0200, X-Dimension at gmx.net wrote:
> > After updating from Samba4 alpha 17 to beta8 most Windows start menu
> entries on our Windows 7 clients are in english now, instead of german.
> > Also the desktop.ini files are not hidden anymore like it was before.
> > What goes wrong here?
> > Do i need to set a new parameter in smb.conf or mount the filesystem
> with some attributes?
>
> Neither of these are likely to be the cause of a language change on the
> client.
>
> Most likely the issue is due to being unable to load policies or the
> profile.
>
> Andrew Bartlett
>
> --
> Andrew Bartlett                                http://samba.org/~abartlet/
> Authentication Developer, Samba Team           http://samba.org

The language of the clients hasn't changed.
I think this is a problem with file permissions...

Samba4 alpha 17 was part of the Resara Server we had used before.
The partition with the profiles and all user data was mounted by Resara Server with Avahi daemon and now i mount this partition via /etc/fstab and this entry:

/dev/sdc1  /volumes/HD1 ext4 user_xattr 0 2

Maybe this is wrong? I don't know what parameters was used before by Avahi.