[Samba] samba 4 and zarafa 7.x

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Oct 3 04:05:22 MDT 2012

Hai,

I was wondering, has anybody tried the sernet samba 4 applicance of installed the deb files of the appliance on a debian (squeeze) server,
in combination with zarafa and if so, whats the experiance.

I want to move my samba 3 pdc to samba 4 AD ( on new server ) and i want to move my current zarafa server to samba4 integrated setup.
which is in the applicance, as i saw here : https://community.zarafa.com/pg/plugins/project/9588/developer/tdeklein/samba4-ad-integration-for-zarafa

my question is, do i need to install samba 4 on both servers the new ad-dc server and my zarafa server ?

It would be really great if this is possible and im in test fase now, so i can try this, but i cant find any guideline for such setup. ( samba4+zarafa 7 )
Since zarafa is also free this would be a very cheap setup to run samba/fileserver & zarafa/mailserver like exchange
And Im running also squid proxy, is it easy to use the AD users of samba 4 to auth my proxy users?

what i now have samba3 PDC+bdc + ldap replicated, 3 dnservers and want, is samba4,  in about same setup.
but with samba 4 ad with zarafa manageable in AD, 3 dns servers, auth for proxy ( squid/dansguardian ) , maybe apache2 server auth for users,
but if i know how for squid, apache isnt the problem anymore.

Wel any comment, tips, anything, on this would be nice. I'll will write a new howto for this setup, so i can replace my last howto,
and in the future, gluster fs, and samba 4 ad replicated over wan to multple offices.

This all wil be running on debian ( or squeeze of wheezy ).

Thank you in advance, for the comments,

Greetings,

Louis