[Samba] Connection fails with Server/Client Signing = Mandatory

Bill Chockla chockla at us.ibm.com
Mon Oct 1 10:34:37 MDT 2012

Changing the client and server "Digitally sign communications (always)" to
"Enabled" and "Microsoft network client: Send unencrypted password to
third-party SMB servers" to "Disabled" gets the error, "Not authorized to
log in from this station" (error 1240).

I then switched "Send unencrypted password to third-party SMB servers" back
to "Enabled" which Microsoft recommends for error 1240 and I get the old
error 64.

Searching for other configuration possibilities for the error 1240.

----- Forwarded by Bill Chockla/Durham/Contr/IBM on 10/01/2012 07:42 AM
-----