[Samba] (Samba4) Normal users unable to login

Michael Trausch mbt at naunetcorp.com
Sat Nov 24 19:20:18 MST 2012

On 11/24/2012 07:35 PM, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> Try to do kinit simple_user at MYDOMAIN.TLD try also to disable the GPO.
>
> Try to trace and see if there is any kind of denied message (in
> netlogon, smb, smb2 messages).

The only thing I found in a tcpdump was a STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED in
response to a Create request for the user's \ntuser.ini.  After that
point, there are open requests which succeed, so I am assuming that the
access denied is in response to the fact that the file already exists.

I'm out of ideas for tracing things, though, so I'm waiting on y'all for
more ideas...

	--- Mike