[Samba] Additional Zones with Samba4 DNS

Michael Hildenbrand Michael.Hildenbrand at visualimg.de
Thu Nov 15 23:21:02 MST 2012

Hi,

config file smb.conf is quite unimportant for DNS. Do you use internal  Samba DNS, not bind, and did you check your DNS ? Is your user who uses the DNS tool from MS in the domain and in the domain logged on? Without a logged on Domain User with Admin Rights your are not able to connect to the DNS Server. What error message do you get?