[Samba] network name issue

Paras pradhan pradhanparas at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 14:49:53 MST 2012

Hi,

My samba got connected to ADS successfully. However when I try to Map
network drive. I get " The specified network name is no longer
availalble" message.

Using smbclient I get this

root at comp2:~# smbclient \\\\comp2.domain.com\\ppradhan --user ppradhan
WARNING: The "idmap uid" option is deprecated
WARNING: The "idmap gid" option is deprecated
Enter ppradhan's password:
dos charset 'CP850' unavailable - using ASCII
Domain=[ACL] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.6.6]
tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_INVALID

This is Solaris 11 OS and samba is 3.6.6 from solaris.

Need help.

Thanks!
Paras.