[Samba] libkdc-policy.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory?

Rowland Penny rpenny at f2s.com
Tue Nov 6 03:55:26 MST 2012

On 05/11/12 21:53, samba.to.anomalyst at xoxy.net wrote:
>    libbsd-dev libpopt-dev
>
> git pull, make, make install
>
> provision still fails
> bin/samba-tools still complains about acl
> /usr/local/bin is empty

Have you by any chance installed any version of samba via apt-get etc?
samba-tool should be in /usr/local/samba/bin/
If you have any samba3 components installed ( samba, samba-common etc),
remove them and then run the following two commands:

echo "PATH=\$PATH:/usr/local/samba/bin:/usr/local/samba/sbin" >
/etc/profile.d/samba4.sh
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/samba/bin:/usr/local/samba/sbin

This will set the path up to all the Samba 4 tools.

Rowland

> do you have the embedded heimdal selected or deselected?
>
>> Hi, I have downloaded all the RC's and compiled them on Ubuntu 12.04 >
> without any problems, have you got all of these packages:
>> build-essential libacl1-dev libattr1-dev libblkid-dev libgnutls-dev
>>   libreadline-dev python-dev python-dnspython gdb pkg-config libpopt-dev
>> libldap2-dev dnsutils libbsd-dev attr krb5-user
>> I have checked for libkdc-policy.so on my Samba 4 server and I do not
> have it either, but my server provisioned ok and runs ok

believed to be clean.