[Samba] exported LDAP DB > file > smbpasswd?

aurfalien aurfalien at gmail.com
Fri May 25 07:57:11 MDT 2012

I am using pGina for authing, correct.

But when I map drive shares, I'll need some kind of authing mechanism.

My desire was this;

Since I already auth the user during there pGina login to Windows, I did not want to auth again for drive mapping to a Samba server.

But... since this SSO doesn't carry through to Samba as the Samba file server does not know who this person is requesting a drive map, they will need to input credentials.

What I would really LOVE is this;

Since authing has already been taking care of during log in, to be able to map a drive as that user w/o needing the input a password.

This way whatever they touch on the server will maintain there UID/GID or UGO rather.

This in effect will make Samba act as NFS in a way with regards to security (who are you and what are you allowed to do).

- aurf