[Samba] Need secure version of samba for RHEL5 server.

Jennis Pruett jennyp at lanl.gov
Tue May 15 11:02:39 MDT 2012

Hello.

I'm in need of a samba version that is secure.

I updated from 3.0 to 3.5. When the security problem
showed up in 3.5, it really threw a wrench into our
secure (air-gapped) scanning.  (CVE-2012-2111).

The 3.5 rpm was a smooth install. It was a samba3x and it worked
great.

But now I can't locate one that is a 3.6 with the security issue
fixed. I want to do a clean install, not a patch.

Would someone point me to one? (kerberized, AD join)

Much appreciated!