[Samba] "file not found" under high-contention

starlight.2012q2 at binnacle.cx starlight.2012q2 at binnacle.cx
Wed May 9 15:00:55 MDT 2012

No kidding.  I've done this sort of issue
isolation and it's a ton of work and a royal
pain.  Was hoping something like a memory-ring
logging facility existed or some tools for
logging and analyzing the network verb
streams were available.  Was also hoping
someone else might be onto this issue.

In case anyone else has a similar build setup
they can try, it's mainly about running
as many as 16 VC++9 compiles (two make -j8,
one for 32-bit and another for 64-bit)
on a 4-core 8-thread 2.8GHz Nelhalem where
all the source and object resides on a
Samba share.  Also run a 'make -j2' of the
same code on the smaller Linux system
where the files live.