[Samba] Samba4 oplocks: LibreOffice and Word file locking

Niels Dettenbach nd at syndicat.com
Fri May 4 02:23:37 MDT 2012

Am Freitag, 4. Mai 2012, 10:12:33 schrieb steve:
> On 04/05/12 09:45, Ludek Finstrle wrote:
> I think I'd need two smb.conf files. One for the s4 containing netlogon
> and sysvol and another for s3 to hold the shares. Can I do that on one box?

I can't see any point why it should not be possible, but im not shure if all
compiled in pathes could be changed during command line options or
configuration in your application cases. From my first view it seems you could
start different samba instances with different configuration files and working
directories etc. by passing command line options - i.e.:

	--configfile
	--lockdir
	--cachedir
	--statedir
	--piddir
	--smb-passwd-file *
	--private-dir *
	and other possible options...

(* requirement may depend from your setup)

If you compile samba byself, you may use different prefixes for your both
sambas on the same box just on compile time.

hth

best regards,

Niels.

--