[Samba] ldapsam and Windows LDAP account information?

Angel Bosch abosch at cilma.net
Fri Mar 2 04:32:48 MST 2012

i think you miss posix attributes.

----- Original Message -----
De: "Jack Bates" <v1twoz at nottheoilrig.com>
A: samba at lists.samba.org
Enviat: divendres, 2 de març de 2012 11:25:57
Assumpte: [Samba] ldapsam and Windows LDAP account information?

I can browse our Windows account information with ldapsearch as below.
Can I configure ldapsam passdb backend to use account information from
this LDAP directory?

$ ldapsearch -b dc=example,dc=com -h 192.168.1.23 -U jack -Y DIGEST-MD5
'(sAMAccountName=jack)'
SASL/DIGEST-MD5 authentication started
Please enter your password:
SASL username: jack
SASL SSF: 128
SASL data security layer installed.
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <dc=example,dc=com> with scope subtree
# filter: (sAMAccountName=jack)
# requesting: ALL
#

# Jack Bates, Users, example.com
dn: CN=Jack Bates,OU=Users,DC=example,DC=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: user
cn: Jack Bates
sn: Bates
givenName: Jack
distinguishedName: CN=Jack Bates,OU=Users,DC=example,DC=com
instanceType: 4
whenCreated: 20100208201903.0Z
whenChanged: 20120224053849.0Z
displayName: Jack Bates
uSNCreated: 9196
name: Jack Bates
objectSid:: AQUAAAAAAAUVAAAAQk92XxQ5n9Y/MI82VQQAAA==
sAMAccountName: jack
sAMAccountType: 805306368
userPrincipalName: jack at example.com
[...]