[Samba] Filename mangling

Bruno Guerreiro bruno.guerreiro at ine.pt
Wed Jun 27 04:02:58 MDT 2012

Hello list,
Im trying to migrate some shares from an old 3.0.14 samba installation
to a 3.5.10 and run into a mangling issue.
Both systems have mangling method = hash set.
Acessing  \\oldserver\rec\Arquivo\ARQUI~XX points me to
\\oldserver\rec\Arquivo\Arquivo 2011
In the new server it points me to
\\newserver\rec\Arquivo\Arquivo2007 . Notice the difference at the
final directory level.
Also tried with  samba 3.6.5 and the results were similar.
Is there anything else I may be missing?

TIA,
Bruno

"Confidencialidade: Esta mensagem (e eventuais ficheiros anexos) é destinada exclusivamente às pessoas nela indicadas e tem natureza confidencial. Se receber esta mensagem por engano, por favor contacte o remetente e elimine a mensagem e ficheiros, sem tomar conhecimento do respectivo conteúdo e sem reproduzi-la ou divulgá-la.

Confidentiality Warning: This e-mail message (and any attached files) is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. lf you are not the intended recipient of this message please notify the sender and delete and destroy all copies immediately."