[Samba] Linux SSO with samba4?

Quinn Plattel qiet72 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 07:04:07 MDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm about give up on this Ubuntu SSO setup - I haven't been able to get any
solution to work so far.  I have looked through Bernd's notes, Steve's
notes, and the Ubuntu Community SSO.  I think it is because most of the
howto's are old and may not work with a Ubuntu 12.04/samba4 + Ubuntu 12.04
client setup.  I can only get the windows SSO to work with samba4 which is
quite easy compared to getting a Linux SSO to work at all.  I feel I am so
close to getting it to work after understanding how kerberos works.  I
think I'll try a dns/kerberos server/openldap sso setup via Ubuntu
Community SSO without samba4 and see if I can get that to work.

Thanks for all the help so far.

br,
Quinn

--