[Samba] Can't get idmap connected to AD unix attribs

Nick Triantos nick at triantos.com
Tue Jul 10 18:57:23 MDT 2012

Thanks Robert.

I've tried switching over to the AD back-end (which does sound like what I want), but I still receive only the errors:
   failed to call wbcGetpwnam: WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND

I restarted both winbind and smbd after changing the config. Is there some cache I have to flush, or some other config that needs to be changed beyond the settings in smb.conf?

thanks again!
-Nick

My updated smb.conf:

   workgroup = CORP
   security = ADS
   #password server = 192.168.77.251
   realm = CORP.MYCOMPANY.COM
   allow trusted domains = yes
   winbind use default domain = yes
   winbind nested groups = YES
   idmap config CORP : backend = ad
   idmap config CORP : default = yes
   idmap config CORP : schema_mode = rfc2307
   idmap config CORP : range = 800 - 99999