[Samba] Local user when security=ADS

NdK ndk.clanbo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 02:45:00 MDT 2012

Hello all.

Since it seems I can't make webserver access a samba share with its
machine credentials (all I could get is a
NT_STATUS_NOLOGON_WORKSTATION_TRUST_ACCOUNT message in server logs after
extracting pass from secrets.tdb) and I can't add users to AD (and, even
if I could, their passwords would automatically expire in 6 months), is
it possible to have a locally-defined user when the server is joined to AD?
This way I could use the locally-defined user credentials from the
client to mount the share... Or is there a better way?

Tks,
 Diego.